Monday, September 17, 2012

Waiting & Celebrating

After 5 years of trying to conceive, you might think I have gotten good at the waiting game, right? Wrong! Though I have spent so much time waiting, I remain a student in the class of patience. And, each step through this process requires more waiting. Choosing our agency was such an important decision it took us over a month. It was tempting for me to "eni meeni mini mo", just so we could make a decision. I keep trying to hurry things along. I am just so ready to hold our precious baby in my arms, to snuggle, and kiss and enjoy with Ryan. Why does every step take so much time!!?? AHHH!!!! Thankfully, Ryan is so patient with me when I attempt to pressure him and want to take control. I am continually running to Jesus asking for direction and joy and rest and being reminded that His timing is ALWAYS best! 

As God is continuing to teach me patience through this adoption journey, he is revealing to me my need to celebrate.

We are in a season in our church that our pastor has called the Autumn of Awesome; drawn from the desire to celebrate what God is doing more often. Although I don't think Pastor Jim wanted "Autumn of Awesome" to ever be repeated due to its cheesiness, it has made me realize that I usually do a poor job celebrating. My mind easily gets overwhelmed with all the things we need to do, all the money we need to raise, or the stresses of the day instead of reflecting on what He has done.  I am learning how to be thankful in all things. My thanks does not end in the enjoyment of the gifts He has so generously given, but my heart is stirred to worship the Giver of all good things. Because He has given so much, we have a lot to be excited about. Below is our ongoing list of Celebration. I keep it in the note section of my phone, so I can add to it often.

We ...
 • Are ADOPTING!!
 • Have chosen our agency (Christian Homes in Abilene)
 • Have completed our Pre-app and 9 reference forms
 • Have been approved and paid for Orientation October 26-27
 • Have signed up for 8 hour infant child care training course
 • Received gifts of $1500 toward our $25,500 goal
 • Have been gifted a brand new sweet rocking chair 
 • Signed up for our First Aid/CPR course
 • We have a loving and supportive family (biological and church) and friends helping, encouraging and celebrating with us

 I am excited to see how God continues to provide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment